BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 21, 2010

fall with a light dusting of snow

I woke up later than I had planned this morning (like usual)...rolled out of bed around 8:30, checked my phone, and found out that I had a church meeting at 11.
I did the usual routine and enjoyably took my time getting ready.

Blew dry my hair, applied foundation and mascara and was on my way.
My meeting went great. I love my Bishop and the sisters I serve with in the presidency.

I walked outside and I found a light dusting of snow over the yellow and red leaves. There was a slight breeze as well which made for a chilly experience.

I loved it though.

It's so gorgeous here in Happy Valley. I still think the mountains look like a painted backdrop every time I leave my apartment. It's no Iowa, but it's not so bad after all.

Church was wonderful. Kishara and her friend Conley sang a medley for a musical number during sacrament meeting. It was absolutely beautiful. Definitely set the tone for the rest of my Sunday.

(Here is the medley. Sung by a couple of amazing sisters)




Like every Sunday I have to myself I always think of things I need to improve on, and ways to grow and progress so that I can be a better individual. I tend to over-analyze, stress out, and overwhelm myself with these things.

Today I am at peace.

Today I am thinking of things that I have been blessed with in my life and especially in my life at this time. I'm in my prime! I am 20 years old and trying to figure life out. So many opportunities and experiences are being placed in my path and it is my duty to pick them up and run with them. They are put there for a reason and it is up to me what to make of them.




3 comments:

ashley said...

i reallllly liked that medley :)

Nicole said...

1. the song was awesome.
2. i hope you are enjoying booty school :) been there ROCKED that :)

Lyndee said...

beautiful song. i miss you! sundays were the best! i'll be headin your way in like six weeks!